Types of cookies
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow web pages, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and how you use your computer, can be used to recognize the user.
- Technical Cookies: These allow the user to navigate via a web page, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing areas of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, registering or participating in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Performance Cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as, for example, the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: These allow the person responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create navigation profiles of users of these sites, applications and platforms, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data used by users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that the publisher has deemed suitable to include on a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, where deemed suitable, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising according to each profile.
How to block or eliminate cookies installed onto your system
If you prefer not to accept cookies, they can be blocked or eliminated from your browser: